Want to get the very best, Instagram & selfie-worthy views of the Eiffel Tower? I have scouted out some of the best views in Paris, and compiled my favorites!
1. 12 Avenue de la Bourdonnais, Paris, France - With most visitors approaching from the Seine or Place Joffre, this approach, while still busy, can provide some unique views that include classic Parisian architecture.
2. Passerelle Debilly - The Passerelle Debilly is a beautifully arched footbridge connecting the 6th and 17th arrondissements. You can also walk along the water, taking in the view from the quays here, and many other places along the beautiful Seine.
3. Printemps, 64 Boulevard Haussmann - Situated in the 9th arrondissement, this Printemps location has a rooftop terrace with an amazing Eiffel Tower view.
4. Pont d'Iena - Situated between the Trocadéro Gardens and the Eiffel Tower, the Pont d'Iena offers a great view.
5. Pont de Bir-Hakeim - L'île aux Cygnes runs down the Seine, and under the Pont de Bir-Hakeim, offering a fantastic view of the Eiffel Tower framed by the lovely arch of the bridge.
6. Jardins du Trocadéro - The Trocadero Gardens are just across the Seine from the Eiffel Tower and offer a great view from a lovely setting. The gardens are open 24/7 and are free to the public.
7. Arc de Triomphe - The Arc de Triomphe is situated in a circle at the end of the Champs-Élysées, which begins at the Place de la Concorde. The Arc de Triomphe is accessed by a subway, an underground walkway, and there are 284 steps to the top. The view, however, is worth the climb, and there is a handicap-accessible lift for visitors with mobility issues only.
8. Champ de Mars - Another side approach to the Eiffel Tower is from Avenue de Suffren. This area has some benches to allow visitors to sit and enjoy a close-up view of the monument. This spot can provide great photo ops!
9. 79 Rue Saint-Dominique - It may not be an iconic view, but there is a view of the Eiffel Tower from above the shops and businesses on Rue Saint-Dominique. My favorite thing about this spot is the juxtaposition of an iconic monument against an everyday business district.
10. Montparnasse Tower - One of my favorite views of Paris is seen from the top of the Montparnasse Tower in the 14th arrondissement. A swift lift ride up 59 floors takes you to the top, and from there you can take in the view from indoors, or head up to the observation deck. Parisians hate the building, and say the best view of Paris is from the tower - because it is the only place from which you cannot see Montparnasse Tower itself! As a bonus, if you arrive via the Edgar Quinet metro station, you will get to see one of the iconic art deco glass globe metro entrance markers.
Wherever you choose to view the Eiffel Tower, there is no denying that the iconic landmark makes Paris all the more magical!